Wildlife Nature Photography Training Courses Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire
I know how much fun animal photography can be. I also know how frustrating it can be at times! Animals can be difficult or impossible to guide or control and the environments in which they live can be challenging photographically. Yet it’s still possible to get fantastic pictures simply by learning a few key techniques. You can see plenty of examples of my wildlife and nature photography here: Wildlife and Animal Photography Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire.
Our wildlife and nature photography courses are for:
- our wildlife and nature photography one-to-one training (add a friend for a preferential price) is perfectly suited to hobbyists and amateur photographers from beginner to intermediate and advanced amateur level
- if you know a keen photographer eager to get started with their new hobby, or keen to improve on their current level, then our photography training can be a fantastic present – please enquire and we’ll be delighted to put together a special gift card (these are valid for 12 months from the date of issue)
- lens choices for nature and wildlife photography
- how to use focal length and aperture creatively
- why watching your shutter speed is so important
- how ISO can be your best friend
- creative composition for photographs with impact
- understanding your subject and why this is important
- how the right background can make or break your photos
- the importance of timing and anticipation
You’ll need the following:
- an interchangeable lens camera (such as a digital DSLR or mirrorless system) and lenses covering focal lengths up to at least 300 mm (in 35mm equivalent terms) or a bridge camera with a similar zoom. If you possess a teleconverter please bring it with you
- stout footwear and waterproof clothing
- some cash for parking, ticket entry to any venues, lunch/refreshments (some of our group workshops include price of entry and refreshments, but please check)
- we recommend your equipment is appropriately insured
Book your wildlife and nature photography training:
To arrange your training please telephone us for a chat about your needs on 01903-741691. If we’re out on location please leave a message and we’ll get back to you within 48 hours. We’re based just outside of Storrington in West Sussex and our training mostly takes place locally and in adjacent counties.
FULL DAY ONE TO ONE
Tailored entirely to your needs and your pace, we’ll start by discussing animal and wildlife photography in detail. You’ll learn how technically and creatively sound photographs are created. In time for lunch we’ll head out to a suitable location to put the tips you’ve received into practice. Our full days are run from approximately 10am to 4.30pm and currently cost £345.
HALF DAY ONE TO ONE
This can be classroom-based at our home office in Storrington, or field-based where we’ll meet at a suitable location for approximately three and a half hours of tailored tuition. Current price £185. Please note that depending on the chosen venue travel costs may be incurred – we’ll let you know before you book.
If you’re frustrated by your progress and want to know where you’re going wrong, or how to improve the finer details, then having your photographs reviewed by a qualified professional photographer can be just the thing. If you’re distant this can be carried out via e-mail and telephone. If you’re local you’re welcome to visit us at our home office in Storrington where we can carry out the review face-to-face. You’ll need to provide 20 of your best images in JPEG format, at 2000 pixels longest side. Price: £85
GROUP WORKSHOPS AT SELECTED VENUES
We’ll update our training pages once we have final dates, pricing, and further details.
“Lindsay, I loved your masterclass at the convention and thank you for the excellent training day – my head is still buzzing with ideas and information. I have struggled for years with books and videos but there is no substitute for face-to-face teaching. Having all my areas of confusion ironed out is brilliant, you manage to make complicated subjects logical and much easier to understand. Thank you for answering all my silly questions. I’ve got some lovely photos and this is the springboard I needed. Thanks again” John, Surrey